Catarina Martins shoes require a spot of tender loving care.
HOW TO CLEAN LEATHER
Use a soft bristled brush to sweep off preliminary dirt and dust. Apply a suitable cleaner or saddle soap all over the leather parts of your shoe. Use the same brush to gently work the cleaner into the skin. Let dry for about 20 minutes before proceding to polish
HOW TO CLEAN SUEDE
Brush your shoes with a suede brush after every use. With this you will revive the suede and remove all the dirt that may accumulate.
HOW TO POLISH & CONDITION
- Think of conditioning as moisturizer for your shoes, which will dry out over time.
To prevent flaking and wrinkling, dab a dollop of conditioner on a soft cloth and rub gently all over in a circular motion.
- Choose a polish in a hue that matches your shoe. We recommend a lanoline-based beeswax polish, which will soften and protect at the same time.
- Wipe off excess polish with a soft clean cloth, and buff the shoe with a piece of cotton cloth.
HOW TO STORE
- Once you're home, stuff your boot toe with butter paper, then string them up on the tree immediately.
- Regular use of a tree will maintain your shoe's original shape, and will go miles towards preventing shrinkage and creases.